Wednesday 14 September 2016

Introductory Post

Hi! My name is Casey and I am currently in my first year of teachers college! I hope to teach in an elementary school one day. This blog will be for posts about teaching mathematics. I will do weekly reflections based on the "Making Math Meaningful to Canadian Students K-8, Third Edition" by Marian Small and other interesting mathematic-based readings!
 Before starting this math course I have always been extremely apprehensive about math in general, especially after I studied only English Literature for four years. I struggled with math as a students so I fear teaching it. But with one very hard pre-assessment course under my belt I am regaining a bit of confidence! I think I improved dramatically after completing the modules (so those resources are obviously excellent forms of teaching! I should have taken more notes on that...) and after attending the first class session I am looking forward to more improvement!



No comments:

Post a Comment