Wednesday 5 October 2016

My Math Forum Question



Due to the upcoming Thanksgiving vacation, I am planning a road trip to Kitchener- Waterloo, Ontario to visit friends and family. My starting point is Fort Erie, Ontario. 

Delicious lasagna that is awaiting my arrival
  1. Please draw the route that I should take on this map 


B) Now that we have the route planned out, we need to figure out how long it is going to take me to get there. The trip is 165 kilometres one-way. I have to be there in time for dinner at 5:30pm. What time should I leave home at if I am driving 100km/hour constantly throughout the trip?


C) What if I decided to take the back roads, and would have to alter my speed and travel at 80 kilometres for the trip? What time would I have to leave home at then? 



D) The next step is to figure out how much money I will need for gas. I have a small car that holds 76 litres of gas in the tank at one time. I plan to fill the gas tank to full before I leave, gas is priced at $0.94 per litre. How much will it cost me to fill up my tank?







No comments:

Post a Comment